Temporomandibular Disorder (TMD)
While millions of Americans suffer from chronic facial and neck pain as well as recurring headaches, in many cases due to Temporomandibular Disorder, (or TMD), you don't have to with help from Napa dentist Silverado Dental Care!
Your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) connect your lower jawbone to your skull. These joints get a lot of use throughout the day as you speak, chew, swallow, and yawn. Pain in and around these joints can be unpleasant and may even restrict movement.
Symptoms of TMD include:
- Pain in the jaw area
- Pain, ringing, or stuffiness in the ears
- Frequent headaches or neck aches
- Clicking or popping sound when the jaw moves
- Swelling on the sides of the face
- Muscle spasms in the jaw area
- A change in the alignment of top and bottom teeth
- Locked jaw or limited opening of the mouth
Should you notice any of these symptoms, let Napa dentist Silverado Dental Care know as soon as possible by calling (707) 240-8287 to schedule an appointment so that he can help indicate the presence of TMD, and create an effective treatment just for you.
There are a few simple steps you can take at home or work to prevent TMD from becoming more severe, or to prevent it from occurring:
- Relax your face — remember the rule: "Lips together, teeth apart"
- Avoid grinding your teeth
- Avoid constant gum chewing
- Don’t cradle the phone receiver between your head and shoulder — either use a headset or hold the receiver to your ear
- Chew food evenly on both sides of your mouth
- Do not sit with your chin rested on your hand
- Practice good posture — keep your head up, back straight, and shoulders squared
The Napa dental office of Silverado Dental Care is proud to offer the services of TruDenta to diagnose and treat the symptoms caused by the complex forces that operate and control your head, mouth, jaw, and teeth. Learn more about these great services today by calling (707) 240-8287 to schedule your appointment!
I understood what was happening. Very caring dentist and staff. Even called to make sure I was doing ok after the procedure.